2.16.2012

The Little Things

About a year ago I was fairly fixed in how I saw my future... which was odd considering the fact that I previously spent so much time "unfixing" that very vision. Odder yet was the fact that I was actually causing myself anxiety over things that hadn't even happened yet but were anticipated as though they had. I was already regretting things (which should really only ever occur over past events, if at all) that I would miss later if I stuck on my course. A few people's words of wisdom helped unwind my thinking again...

"Choose the life that you would be jealous of," one told me.

"You don't really need to go from A to B to C to D to get to X. You can really just go straight to X." (Thanks buddy.)

Today someone sent me a quote that reflects the majority of priorities I've realigned my life around:
‎"Get a passport. Use it as often as possible. Read. Books, that is. Ones without pictures. Surround yourself with brilliant and fascinating people. Say yes whenever you can, except to religion and authority. Create things. Fall in and out of love. Never forget that you will die one day." ♥♥♥ Coquette
I seem to cycle in and out of remembering and forgetting; overprojecting, overthinking, and overplanning, to reigning it all in and just staying here in the present. Sometimes I project over the next few years, right now I'm finding it difficult to do so past the next few days. Let me assure you, the latter is much less daunting. 


To plan your future to a tee only limits the possibilities. It's nice to have an idea of what you want, but let the details work themselves out. Take baby steps.

If you find yourself fretting over the future... remind yourself that tomorrow doesn't even exist right now.

Don't seek your solace and joy and contentment in future events. Find them right in front of you. Tomorrow fast approaches yet never comes. There is only today.


Bring all the little things into focus.






























"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 
- Ferris Bueller


No comments:

Post a Comment